Our goal at Rocket Storage is to provide a nice and attractive facility for our customers to store their RVs, boats, vehicles, trailers and campers in a safe, clean and secure environment. It is not intended for industrial or commercial use. All stored property should be in very good condition and contribute to these objectives.
- Place plastic “bedding” or wooden pallets on ground beneath furniture to keep moisture or mold from reaching them.
- Disassemble large furniture, if possible; apply wax to wooden furniture to protect finish.
- Polish metallic furniture to prevent oxidation that would damage the finish.
- Use lacquer for bronze or copper.
- Use professional services to clean and preserve furniture whenever possible.
- Wrap some form of cushioning around areas to prevent scratching and denting (bubble wrap, newspaper, towels, or blankets).
- Use end tables and dresser drawers as “boxes.”
- Remove light bulbs and shades from lamps and wrap lamps in cushioning material.
- Clean fabric furniture to prevent growth of mildew and mold while in storage.
- To prevent breaking, protect glass and mirrors by using mask tape to make an “X” on the surface.
- Corrugated cardboard can be used to protect either side of the glass or mirror.
- Place tables that remain un-assembled top-down on top of mattresses or other cushioning.
- Table tops can be placed against the wall.
- Place sofas, chairs, dressers right side up, the way you would have them in your home, to avoid damage.
- Use furniture covers to place over furniture.
- Use climate control; make sure all items are fully dry.
- Consider using rodent repellent.